The registration deadline (13-Mar-2017) has now passed. Late registrations may still be possible, but a late registration fee will be charged. Please contact email@example.com.
In this workshop we will host a highly interactive and open discussion forum in which power-point presentations and beamer-slides are banned. Open discussion and brain-storming sessions will be interleaved with hands-on projects and work-groups. We encourage all participants to bring to the workshop their SW/HW tools in order to propose hands-on projects.
The workshop will be held at the Hotel dei Pini, in Alghero, Sardinia, Italy. Note that room reservations for workshop participants should only be made via the workshop registration page in order to use the "full-board" option (room + breakfast + lunch + dinner) with discounted prices.
The CapoCaccia Workshop is typically organized around a "problem of the day" where one or moresession chairs organizes and moderates a discussion session around a theme central to the topic of this workshop.
These sessions are not 45min one-way presentations. Slides and power-point presentations are banned. Rather these sessions are frank and open discussions that sould involve all the participants, as much as possible.
We will provide flip-charts and a digitizing tablet to draw on (and eventually project pictures and data if absolutely necessary). The schedule will evolve and change very dynamically, on a daily or even hourly basis.
We will update the frequently (e.g. on an hourly basis) and populate it with events, as participants volunteer to discuss about the topics listed. Please remember that this is not a talk-shop where people simply present their latest results with power-point slides.
A typical day
- Early morning session (9:00 - 10:30) with intro/tutorial on the "problem of the day"
- Late morning session (11:00 - 12:30) with open discussion on the "problem of the day"
- Afternoon session (14:00 - 17:00) with hands-on projects and work-groups
- Evening session (19:00 - 20:00) with topic discussion-groups
- Night (from 21:30 on) with hands-on projects and work-groups
The daily breaks and social events include:
- Breakfast is open from 7:30 to 9:00 every morning
- Coffee breaks are scheduled from 10:30 to 11:00
- Lunch break is from 12:30 to 14:00
- Sports + Happy hour: from 17:00 to 19:00 participants are "forced" to take a social/sports break. As incentive, there will be a happy hour period from 18:00 to 19:00 in which the workshop will cover 2 EUR per drink (for as long as the budget lasts).
- Dinner is served from 19:30 to 21:30